How to clean your clothes from unpleasant odors
Did you happen to be getting some clothes out of your wardrobe and smelling it bad?
Although you laundry it and cleaned it before you put it there. Usually your clothes smell like stale, which is pretty nasty in turn. That’s why you have a good reason – your clothes have been in a confined space for a long time without fresh air, and it is quite normal for them to smell like this.
- Spraying with a large amount of perfume or deodorant will not help, it could even worsen the current situation, as mixing the two smells does not know what the result will be. So forget about this option.
- One of the options is to hang up your clothes for a few hours on the spacious floor, where under the influence of the sun’s rays and the fresh air they will change their smell. To do this, however, it takes a few hours, which, if you do not have it, you will need to think about other clothing to leave. In case you do not have other appropriate clothes for the case, do not despair. You could get rid of the bad odor in just a few minutes, as long as you have a dryer at home. If you have one, immediately wash your clothes in the washing machine or by hand (depending on the fabric they are made of) and dry them. This is undoubtedly the best option you can choose, but it will certainly cost you a lot of effort.
Prevent bad smells in your closet in the future
You will have to do something about it. For this, we will offer you some simple and effective solutions that will help you to save once and for all of the bad smell of your wardrobe.
- The first thing you need to do is remove all the clothes from the wardrobe and ventilate it for a while. Do not put your clothes in before the smell is completely gone! Since there is no trace of bad smells, you can put them in the closet and put flavors or soap between them. This will surely prevent the reappearance of bad and unpleasant odors.
- If you are attacked by moths, the best solution to deal with them is the use of naphthalene. Unfortunately, however, its smell is very sharp and unpleasant, and you will certainly have to think of stronger smell sources to fight it. Use the strong smells of lavender for this purpose. If there is no one to buy one, the herbal tea will do the same. Purchase a few sacks from the nearby store and put them in between your clothes.
- The other thing you need to take care of is the moisture around the wardrobe. If the humidity is too high, it is certainly one of the main culprits for the bad smell of clothes. Even so, even if you have taken the necessary measures to remove the unpleasant fragrances, it is likely that they will reappear due to moisture. To deal with it, you can use special “dehumidifiers” that will restore the normal levels of moisture in the room and, in particular, the wardrobe.
And if you want your home to smell nice then you have to make sure it is also clean. If you use the services of a cleaning company at least once a month, you will solve all the problems with the unpleasant odors at home. If you are worried about the money you can at any time check what the rates are in your city. You can check online, too. For example type “end of tenancy clean prices” and your City and you will find all the necessary information.